skip to content
Donald S. Bubar, M.Sc., P.Geo
- Geologist with over 30 years experience in mineral exploration in Canada.
- Graduate of McGill University, (B.Sc., 1977) and Queen's University (M.Sc., 1981).
- President and CEO of Avalon Rare Metals since 1995.
- From 1984 to 1994, he worked for Aur Resources Inc. where as Exploration Manager he was involved with the discovery of the Louvicourt copper-zinc deposit, Val d'Or, Quebec in 1989.
- Director of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) and was instrumental in the creation of its Aboriginal Affairs Committee in December, 2004.
- Continues to Co-Chair the Aboriginal Affairs Committee which advocates for greater co-operation between exploration companies and aboriginal communities.
Roland W. Butler, Jr. B.Sc., Geologist
- Graduated from Memorial University in Newfoundland and Labrador (B.Sc., Geology) in 1996.
- Presently CEO of Callinan Royalties and Co-founder of Altius Minerals Corporation (ALS:TSX) and served as Vice President and Director of Altius from listing in October 1997 until March 2010.
- Served as CFO of Altius Minerals Corporation until 2003 and COO from 2007. During that time, he played an integral part in a successful business model of generating mineral exploration projects and pursuing joint venture and royalty agreements or creating new companies with third parties.
- Co-recipient of the Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2008 by the Faculty of Business Administration, Memorial University on behalf of Altius Minerals Corporation.
David E. Fox, B. Comm., LL.B.
- Over 20 years of direct securities industry experience.
- He spent many years with TD Securities and Research Capital in the role of Vice-President institutional sales developing the European market.
- David has strong coverage in Europe and Canada with extensive success in the mining, alternative energy and life sciences sectors.
- His experience and extensive industry contacts are ideally suited for his role as head of institutional sales.
- David received a B. Comm. and LL. B. from McGill University, Montreal.
Don Hains, P.Geo., MBA
- Don Hains is an industrial minerals economics and marketing specialist with more than 30 years experience in development, use and analysis of industrial minerals properties and materials
- Has held product research and business development responsibilities with Fiberglas Canada Inc. and Domtar Construction Materials
- Has been consulting in the field of industrial minerals markets and economics for the past 15 years
- His education was Hons. B.A. (Chemistry) at Queen's University, Canada (1974) & MBA, (Finance and Marketing) Dalhousie University, Canada (1976)
- Mr. Hains is an expert in the analysis of the geology and markets for industrial minerals and the economics of production for industrial minerals. He has conducted studies on a wide range of industrial minerals projects in Canada, the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia. He is very familiar with trends in end use technologies for most major industrial minerals and specialty minerals, and in process technologies for beneficiation of industrial minerals and specialty metals.
Dr. John M. Morganti, Ph.D., P.Geo.
- President of Morganti Advisers Inc., a company that specializes in advising mining and exploration companies on strategy, evaluation, investor relations and exploration issues that are critical to rational corporate growth.
- Currently advises a number of exploration, development and mining companies.
- Over the past 35 years Dr. Morganti has held senior positions with Teck, Placer Dome and Silver King Mines, as well as David Lowell Consultants and other consulting firms.
- Has worked in both exploration management and corporate development with Teck in addition to previously being Vice President, Gold and Vice President, Evaluations with Teck.
- At Placer he was Exploration Manager, Canada and subsequently Vice-President International Exploration.
- Worked in Placer's Engineering Department on evaluations, feasibilities and construction.
- Has been a Director of several mining companies operating in numerous jurisdictions including Canada, Australia, Peru, Spain, Russia and U.S.
- Current member of the Mining Technical and Advisory and Monitoring Committee which advises the Canadian Securities Commissions on National Instrument 43-101, the policy that governs to the release of mining and exploration technical information by Canadian public companies.
- Past Director of the Geology Division of the CIM, Chairman of the Mineral Deposits Division of the GAC, and a Director of the PDAC.
- Obtained his Ph.D. in Economic Geology from the University of British Columbia and is a Registered Professional Geologist in British Columbia, Canada.
Jason Mychasiw, HB. Comm, CFA
- Jason recently returned to his hometown of Thunder Bay after spending the last three years in Toronto, accepting a senior management role with the Bank.
- Manager of Commercial Credit, Northwestern Ontario, Commercial Banking Group - TD Bank
- Currently responsible for all areas of risk management across the region including credit adjudication, monitoring and control as well as providing secondary support to the sales team.
- Toronto experience included over two years as an Associate and Analyst with TD, writing large commercial / corporate credit (individual loans in excess of $25 million) for the National Accounts group with the Diversified Industries team.
- Jason also worked at GMP Securities L.P. as an Analyst with the Mining team in the Investment Banking group. The role was to provide analytical support to the members of the mining group.
- Jason holds an H.B. Comm, from Lakehead University and successfully completed all three levels of the CFA designation, receiving his charter in 2009.