skip to content
Dr. Bharat Chahar, Ph.D.,P.E.
- Bharat Chahar, Ph.D. is a chemical engineer with more than 30 years of carbon research and development experience with ConocoPhillips based in Houston, Texas. Dr. Chahar obtained a B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology at Delhi, INDIA; a M.Sc. (Chemical Engineering) from University of Alberta, Edmonton, CANADA and a Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) from Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA.
- From 2002 to 2013 Dr. Chahar was Global Marketing and Product Manager for CPREME® Graphite Materials at ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66. He led the creation and development of this new business to produce and supply graphite anode material for Lithium-ion batteries. At the time, CPREME® graphite was the largest North American based supplier of anode materials for Lithium-ion batteries with customers across the three major continents – North America, Europe and Asia. As the leader of this business since its inception, he was responsible for all aspects of starting this endeavor including strategic direction for marketing, sales, research & development, intellectual property and manufacturing scale-up. The CPREME® graphite anode material was considered the benchmark by leading manufacturers in the Lithium-ion batteries for high power batteries such as those needed for the automotive market. The CPREME® graphite business was able to achieve the premier status in the industry despite the fact that the Lithium-ion battery manufacturers and their suppliers were largely based in Asia and ConocoPhillips had no market presence until 2006.
- From 1998 to 2002 Dr. Chahar was Manager of Carbon Business and Director of Carbon Products Development at CONOCO Inc. This position focused on Conoco’s efforts to develop new carbon products and manage development of heavy oil upgrading technologies. In this assignment, he was responsible for developing and implementing strategy for growing Conoco’s new carbon product portfolio and extending carbon capabilities.
- At the Carbon Products Development group he was responsible for providing technology support for the Global Specialty Coke business and developing new carbon products. The group consisted of about 25 scientists and technicians with variety of backgrounds. He also worked with the Carbon Fibers Business team to find synergistic opportunities to market fibers with other carbon products.
- Dr. Chahar also led the effort to evaluate and recommend steps to successfully commercialize a new upgrading technology at Conoco’s joint venture in Venezuela. He also led efforts to develop strategic enterprises in the areas of Hydrocarbon Processing and Heavy Oil Technologies encompassing both Upstream and Downstream aspects of the heavy oil value-chain.
David E. Fox, B. Comm., LL.B.
- Over 20 years of direct securities industry experience.
- He spent many years with TD Securities and Research Capital in the role of Vice-President institutional sales developing the European market.
- David has strong coverage in Europe and Canada with extensive success in the mining, alternative energy and life sciences sectors.
- His experience and extensive industry contacts are ideally suited for his role as head of institutional sales.
- David received a B. Comm. and LL. B. from McGill University, Montreal.
- Don Hains is an industrial minerals economics and marketing specialist with more than 30 years experience in development, use and analysis of industrial minerals properties and materials
- Has held product research and business development responsibilities with Fiberglas Canada Inc. and Domtar Construction Materials
- Has been consulting in the field of industrial minerals markets and economics for the past 15 years
- His education was Hons. B.A. (Chemistry) at Queen's University, Canada (1974) & MBA, (Finance and Marketing) Dalhousie University, Canada (1976)
- Mr. Hains is an expert in the analysis of the geology and markets for industrial minerals and the economics of production for industrial minerals. He has conducted studies on a wide range of industrial minerals projects in Canada, the United States, Europe, Africa and Asia. He is very familiar with trends in end use technologies for most major industrial minerals and specialty minerals, and in process technologies for beneficiation of industrial minerals and specialty metals.
Dr. John M. Morganti, Ph.D., P.Geo.
- President of Morganti Advisers Inc., a company that specializes in advising mining and exploration companies on strategy, evaluation, investor relations and exploration issues that are critical to rational corporate growth.
- Currently advises a number of exploration, development and mining companies.
- Over the past 35 years Dr. Morganti has held senior positions with Teck, Placer Dome and Silver King Mines, as well as David Lowell Consultants and other consulting firms.
- Has worked in both exploration management and corporate development with Teck in addition to previously being Vice President, Gold and Vice President, Evaluations with Teck.
- At Placer he was Exploration Manager, Canada and subsequently Vice-President International Exploration.
- Worked in Placer's Engineering Department on evaluations, feasibilities and construction.
- Has been a Director of several mining companies operating in numerous jurisdictions including Canada, Australia, Peru, Spain, Russia and U.S.
- Current member of the Mining Technical and Advisory and Monitoring Committee which advises the Canadian Securities Commissions on National Instrument 43-101, the policy that governs to the release of mining and exploration technical information by Canadian public companies.
- Past Director of the Geology Division of the CIM, Chairman of the Mineral Deposits Division of the GAC, and a Director of the PDAC.
- Obtained his Ph.D. in Economic Geology from the University of British Columbia and is a Registered Professional Geologist in British Columbia, Canada.
Jason Mychasiw, HB. Comm, CFA
- Jason recently returned to his hometown of Thunder Bay after spending the last three years in Toronto, accepting a senior management role with the Bank.
- Manager of Commercial Credit, Northwestern Ontario, Commercial Banking Group - TD Bank
- Currently responsible for all areas of risk management across the region including credit adjudication, monitoring and control as well as providing secondary support to the sales team.
- Toronto experience included over two years as an Associate and Analyst with TD, writing large commercial / corporate credit (individual loans in excess of $25 million) for the National Accounts group with the Diversified Industries team.
- Jason also worked at GMP Securities L.P. as an Analyst with the Mining team in the Investment Banking group. The role was to provide analytical support to the members of the mining group.
- Jason holds an H.B. Comm, from Lakehead University and successfully completed all three levels of the CFA designation, receiving his charter in 2009 and is now the Investment Advisor, TD Wealth Private Investment Advice.
Mr. Tadashi Yamashita, Consultant
- Market Development with responsibility for advancing marketing of the unique Albany high purity graphite material throughout Asia.
- Mr. Yamashita will have the responsibility for advancing marketing of the unique Albany high purity graphite material thoughout Asia. He is based in Tokyo, Japan and work closely with Zenyatta’s VP Market Development, Dr. Bharat Chahar.
- Mr. Yamashita obtained Bachelors and Masters degrees in Chemical Engineering from Tokyo Institute of Technology and started a long career with Mitsui Chemical upon graduation. He served in various divisions of Mitsui Chemical during his 33 years career there including General Manager roles in New York and Tokyo offices.
- He managed various new chemical products development as part of the Advanced Composite Material Division at Mitsui. In one of his jobs, Mr. Yamashita was responsible for sales & marketing of Separator and Electrolyte solution of Lithium-ion batteries and energy related materials.
- In 2001, Mr. Yamashita became President of Conoco Carbon Fibers (Japan) which was a subsidiary of ConocoPhillips. This position focused on Conoco’s efforts to develop and market new carbon fibre products to various industries based on a unique carbon fiber technology. In this assignment, he was responsible for developing and implementing strategy for growing Conoco’s new carbon fiber product portfolio, sales of this product in Asia and extending company’s carbon capabilities.
- From 2003 to 2013 Mr. Yamashita worked with ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66 on marketing and business development of CPREME® Graphite Materials in Asia. Mr. Yamashita was involved in this business from the inception of the product and helped develop the product strategy, commercialization and marketing plans.
- Mr. Yamashita is an avid golfer and enjoys spending time with his family including his two grandchildren.