skip to content
Aubrey J. Eveleigh, P.Geo.
President, CEO & Director
- Graduated from Memorial University of Newfoundland, B.Sc. (geology)1989.
- While at University, worked for Noranda Exploration Co. Ltd. for five field seasons as a geological assistant and continued his career with Noranda as a project geologist until 1992 at various Canadian mining camps.
- 1992-1999; partner at a geological consulting firm with a staff of 25 geologists, technicians & prospectors, consulting for as many as 50 major and junior mining companies.
- 2000 to 2010 he was President of Eveleigh Geological Consulting Inc., providing geologists, field technicians, prospectors and administration staff to the mineral exploration industry including Rio Tinto, Goldcorp, Agnico-Eagle Mines, Diavik Diamond Mines, BHP Billiton and many junior mining companies.
- Acted as VP Exploration, Senior Officer and Director to successful TSX Companies, including Wolfden Resources, which resulted in a successful merger with an Australian mining company, and MetalCORP Limited, where he was responsible for raising in excess of $25,000,000 for exploration & made many new mineral discoveries
- 2010 to present, Mr. Eveleigh is the President & CEO of Zenyatta Ventures Ltd. Aubrey and his team have recently discovered the Ultra High Purity Hydrothermal Graphite deposit. Zenyatta has completed the 43-101 Resource Estimate Report and recently completed the Preliminary Economic Assessment.
- April 2015 Mr. Eveleigh received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Northwestern Ontario Prospectors Association. Mr. Eveleigh has also led the Zenyatta team in winning the top trading mining company on the TMX Exchange for 2012 and 2013. Mr. Eveleigh and his team also won the "Bernie Schneiders Discovery of the Year" award for the Albany Graphite Deposit awarded by the Northwestern Ontario Prospectors Association.
Tom G. Mustapic, CPA,CGA
Chief Financial Officer
- More than twenty-five years experience as a Certified General Accountant.
- Graduated with an Honours Bachelor of Commerce Degree in 1981 from Lakehead University.
- Experience working in public accounting, the municipal sector and with the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board.
- Has nine years of experience as Chief Financial Officer for publicly traded mining exploration concerns.
- Community focused; currently serving as a Director of the St. Joseph’s Foundation and as Treasurer for the Thunder Bay Blaze Basketball Association.
Peter C. Wood, P.Eng.,P.Geo.
- Over 30 years’ experience in the mining industry and has worked as an exploration geologist for several major mining companies
- Operates a geological consulting company which was incorporated in 1991
- Co-founder and manager (VP Exploration, Director and QP) of a junior exploration company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Actively involved in the exploration for gold, VMS, platinum-group element and magmatic nickel-copper deposits and diamonds with a number of junior exploration companies.
- He has also been part of an exploration team that has made several significant mineral deposit discoveries and been closely involved in subsequent mineral resource estimates.
- Holds an Honours B.A.Sc. in Geological Engineering specializing in mineral exploration and a M.Sc. in Geology, both from the University of Toronto. Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario and a Professional Geoscientist with the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario. He is also a member of the Society of Economic Geologists and the Geological Association of Canada.
Barry D. Allan, B.Sc., MBA
- Managing Director and Mining Analyst at Laurentian Bank Securities in Toronto
- Currently heads the Equity Research team, overseeing a group of equity analysts.
- During his career, Barry has consistently ranked as one of the top ten mining analysts in North America according to Zack's and Brendan Wood.
- Began his career as an exploration geologist with a number of major and junior mining companies, before becoming a mining specialist for CIBC.
- Before joining Laurentian Bank Securities, Barry was Vice Chairman of Mining at Mackie Research Capital, prior to which he was a Gold and Precious Metals Mining Analyst with Gordon Capital, BZW and Prudential Bache.
- Barry holds a B.Sc. (Geology) and an MBA from Dalhousie University, and is a fellow of the Institute of Canadian Bankers
Brian R. Davey
- 2010 to present - Executive Director of Nishnawbe-Aski Development Funds
- 2006 to 2010 Mr. Davey was the Manager of Economic Development with the Matawa First Nations Tribal Council;
- From 2000 to 2006 he was the managing partner of First Nations Equity, a financial advisory/management-consulting firm.
- He was also the Chief Executive Officer of the Aboriginal Economic Renewal Secretariat based in Toronto - a Secretariat responsible for facilitating and developing business partnerships between industry and Aboriginal business
- From 1991 to 1997 he was a Deputy Grand Chief of the Nishnawbe-Aski Nation. As a Deputy his portfolio included economic, business and infrastructure development.
- From 1981 to 1990 he was the Rights and Treaty Research Director for Grand Council Treaty 9.
- Brian has worked over 28 years on First Nation issues mostly related to economic and business development. He is a graduate of Native Studies and Political Science from Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario. Brian is a member of the Moose Cree First Nation in north-eastern Ontario and currently resides in Thunder Bay, Ontario
Kenneth Stowe,M.Sc.Mining Engineering
- Mr. Stowe has over 35 years of experience, obtained a mining engineering degree (B.Sc. & M.Sc. Mining Engineering) from Queen’s University.
- Mr. Stowe was President and CEO of Northgate Minerals Corporation from 2001 until his retirement in 2011. He spent the initial 21 years of his career with Noranda Inc. in various corporate, operational, research and development roles.
- He has also held senior positions at Diamond Fields Resources Inc. and Westmin Resources Limited.
- In 2006 Ken received the prestigious award of Canadian Mineral Processor of the Year which recognizes an individual with great accomplishments and contributions in the field of mineral processing.
- Mr. Stowe previously served as VP, Technology at Diamond Fields Resources, overseeing the feasibility study of the Voisey's Bay nickel-copper deposit. Upon Voisey's Bay's acquisition by Inco, Mr. Stowe joined Westmin Resources as VP, Operations to startup the Lomas Bayas copper mine in Chile.
- He then joined Northgate and successfully turned around the struggling Kemess South copper-gold mine. Mr. Stowe led Kemess South to become one of the lowest cost gold mines in the world. Currently Ken is a Director of Hudbay Minerals and Alamos Gold.
Sean Whiteford, B.Sc.
- Mr. Whiteford is an accomplished executive with extensive leadership strengths in mineral exploration, mining and project development globally.
- Has 25 Years’ experience notably working with BHP, Rio Tinto and Cliffs Natural Resources. Currently COO of Osgood Mountains Gold a private gold exploration company with property in Nevada. A Director of Gedex Inc. a Mississauga based company developing an airborne gravity gradiometer for use in the mineral and oil and gas exploration.
- Educated at the University of Windsor (BSc Geology, 1994) and Columbia Business School (Advanced Management Program, 2011). A member of the AusIMM, PDAC, SEG and CIM.
Dr. Bharat Chahar, Ph.D.,P.E.
VP Market Development
- Bharat Chahar, Ph.D. is a chemical engineer with more than 30 years of carbon research and development experience with ConocoPhillips based in Houston, Texas. Dr. Chahar obtained a B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology at Delhi, INDIA; a M.Sc. (Chemical Engineering) from University of Alberta, Edmonton, CANADA and a Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) from Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA.
- From 2002 to 2013 Dr. Chahar was Global Marketing and Product Manager for CPREME® Graphite Materials at ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66. He led the creation and development of this new business to produce and supply graphite anode material for Lithium-ion batteries. At the time, CPREME® graphite was the largest North American based supplier of anode materials for Lithium-ion batteries with customers across the three major continents – North America, Europe and Asia. As the leader of this business since its inception, he was responsible for all aspects of starting this endeavor including strategic direction for marketing, sales, research & development, intellectual property and manufacturing scale-up. The CPREME® graphite anode material was considered the benchmark by leading manufacturers in the Lithium-ion batteries for high power batteries such as those needed for the automotive market. The CPREME® graphite business was able to achieve the premier status in the industry despite the fact that the Lithium-ion battery manufacturers and their suppliers were largely based in Asia and ConocoPhillips had no market presence until 2006.
- From 1998 to 2002 Dr. Chahar was Manager of Carbon Business and Director of Carbon Products Development at CONOCO Inc. This position focused on Conoco’s efforts to develop new carbon products and manage development of heavy oil upgrading technologies. In this assignment, he was responsible for developing and implementing strategy for growing Conoco’s new carbon product portfolio and extending carbon capabilities.
- At the Carbon Products Development group he was responsible for providing technology support for the Global Specialty Coke business and developing new carbon products. The group consisted of about 25 scientists and technicians with variety of backgrounds. He also worked with the Carbon Fibers Business team to find synergistic opportunities to market fibers with other carbon products.
- Dr. Chahar also led the effort to evaluate and recommend steps to successfully commercialize a new upgrading technology at Conoco’s joint venture in Venezuela. He also led efforts to develop strategic enterprises in the areas of Hydrocarbon Processing and Heavy Oil Technologies encompassing both Upstream and Downstream aspects of the heavy oil value-chain.
James Jordan, P.Eng.
- Graduated from Queen’s University in 1983 with a degree in Mining Engineering (Mineral Processing)
- Over 30 years of experience that covers a full range of mineral extraction processes including iron ore, industrial minerals, precious, base metals and zinc refining. For the past five years, he has held senior management roles with Polyus Gold and Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. Prior to moving into mine operations management, James spent 20 years in the consulting engineering field in a variety of roles.
- 2006, he was appointed by Hatch Ltd. as Director Mineral Processing to build the mineral processing group in Mississauga.
- Previous Project manager and metallurgical engineer for SNC Lavalin Inc. He has experience supervising studies at all levels; from scoping to full feasibility for an extensive cross section of mining and mineral processing projects that includes industrial minerals and managing a feasibility study for the expansion of a talc processing plant. James’ experience is broad based and includes senior level management responsibilities, strategic planning and operations management
Mara Strazdins, HB.Sc.
VP Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
- Ms. Strazdins has a HB.Sc. (Geology) from University of Toronto and Public Relations from Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario with over 30 years of experience in the mining/investor relations sector.
- Prior to joining Zenyatta, Mara worked as VP Investor Relations and Corporate Communications for Duluth Metals Limited, Wallbridge Mining Limited and CHF Investor Relations.
- Ms. Strazdins worked as a geologist with Placer Dome for 18 years and obtained a varied range of experience within their North American corporate structure. With a diversified background in geology, exploration and public relations, Ms. Strazdins will be focusing on raising the Company’s visibility within the investment community.