skip to content
- Market Development with responsibility for advancing marketing of the unique Albany high purity graphite material throughout Asia.
- Mr. Yamashita will have the responsibility for advancing marketing of the unique Albany high purity graphite material thoughout Asia. He is based in Tokyo, Japan and work closely with Zenyatta’s VP Market Development, Dr. Bharat Chahar.
- Mr. Yamashita obtained Bachelors and Masters degrees in Chemical Engineering from Tokyo Institute of Technology and started a long career with Mitsui Chemical upon graduation. He served in various divisions of Mitsui Chemical during his 33 years career there including General Manager roles in New York and Tokyo offices.
- He managed various new chemical products development as part of the Advanced Composite Material Division at Mitsui. In one of his jobs, Mr. Yamashita was responsible for sales & marketing of Separator and Electrolyte solution of Lithium-ion batteries and energy related materials.
- In 2001, Mr. Yamashita became President of Conoco Carbon Fibers (Japan) which was a subsidiary of ConocoPhillips. This position focused on Conoco’s efforts to develop and market new carbon fibre products to various industries based on a unique carbon fiber technology. In this assignment, he was responsible for developing and implementing strategy for growing Conoco’s new carbon fiber product portfolio, sales of this product in Asia and extending company’s carbon capabilities.
- From 2003 to 2013 Mr. Yamashita worked with ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66 on marketing and business development of CPREME® Graphite Materials in Asia. Mr. Yamashita was involved in this business from the inception of the product and helped develop the product strategy, commercialization and marketing plans.
- Mr. Yamashita is an avid golfer and enjoys spending time with his family including his two grandchildren.